Friday, March 21, 2008

War Anniversary 5 years at war!!!

Hi Guys,

Well this week marked the anniversary of the war in Iraq. Yup, 5 years at war, the economy is in the crapper and there is no end in sight. Regardless of weather you feel the war is right or wrong there is one thing we all have to keep in mind. That is our troops that are over there fighting. I personally have about 5 close friends among some further friends that are in Iraq or have been there and back and I have to support them and thank them every time I see them.

Let me tell you about a friend of mine who died in the war. He was in his 20's and was just married when he got the call to go to Iraq. Aside from being in the Military he was also a Volunteer firefighter in the town we lived. He was doing his tour in Iraq when he was the victim of an Hum V accident and was killed. It was a very sad time for all his family, Friends and the whole community. When I attended his funeral not only did he have Military honers but also a last call and march by the Town firefighters. It was one of the most emotional experiences of my life. It was a very moving experience for me and that was the moment I realized the magnitude of the toll this war has taken on so many around the country.

I have established a relationship with USO a charity organization that collects donations to support our troops. So please take the time to make a donation and support our troops. Although your donation will go to support our troops I will count any money donated against the balance for my million dollar blog. Thank you for all your support. RIP (Flea)


No comments: